1. KANSAS (25-4, 13-3. Last week: Defeated Iowa State, West Virginia. This week: Monday vs. Texas Tech, Saturday at Baylor): Sure, it took some “errant” calls, but No. 9 in a row is a week away.
2. KANSAS STATE (24-5, 13-3. Last week: Defeated Texas Tech, Baylor. This week: Tuesday vs. TCU, Saturday at Oklahoma State): Wildcats’ chances at a share of conference title come down to road trip to Stillwater. Tough assignment, to say the least.
3. OKLAHOMA STATE (22-6, 12-4. Last week: Defeated TCU, Texas. This week: Wednesday at Iowa State, Saturday vs. Kansas State): Gut-wrenching loss at home to Kansas likely to end up costing Cowboys conference crown.
4. OKLAHOMA (19-9, 10-6. Last week: Lost to Texas, defeated Iowa State. This week: Wednesday at West Virginia, Saturday vs. TCU): Sooners suffered one of the biggest chokes in conference history, coughing up 22-point lead in final eight minutes against Longhorns.
5. IOWA STATE (19-10, 9-7. Last week: Lost to Kansas, Oklahoma. This week: Wednesday vs. Oklahoma State, Saturday at West Virginia): Bogus loss to Jayhawks might have finished off Cyclones.
6. BAYLOR (17-12, 8-8. Last week: Defeated West Virginia, lost to Kansas State. This week: Monday at Texas, Saturday vs. Kansas): Upset of Kansas a must for Bears to have any shot at NCAA bid.
7. WEST VIRGINIA (13-16, 6-10. Last week: Lost to Baylor, Kansas. This week: Wednesday at Oklahoma, Saturday vs. Iowa State): Mountaineers have lost four straight and five of six.
8. TEXAS (13-16, 5-11. Last week: Defeated Oklahoma, lost to Oklahoma State. This week: Monday vs. Baylor, Saturday at Texas Tech): Longhorns showed some life in comeback against Sooners.
9. TEXAS TECH (10-17, 3-13. Last week: Lost to Kansas State, defeated TCU. This week: Monday at Kansas, Saturday vs. Texas): Win over TCU snapped nine-game losing streak.
10. TCU (10-19, 1-15. Last week: Lost to Oklahoma State, Texas Tech. This week: Tuesday at Kansas State, Saturday vs. Oklahoma): Horned Frogs have lost seven straight since stunner against Kansas.