Ridiculous officiating or not (and it was ridiculous, scandalous officiating), Kansas would have to fall apart down the stretch to end its streak of Big 12 championships.
1. KANSAS (24-4, 12-3): Say what you will about bogus calls late (and the Jayhawks seem to get a lot of those), there’s something to be said for putting yourself in that position over and over again.
2. KANSAS STATE (23-5, 12-3): With road games remaining against Oklahoma State and a desperate Baylor team, it’s tough to see the Wildcats winning a league crown.
3. OKLAHOMA STATE (20-6, 10-4): The Cowboys likely end up a bucket away from ending Kansas’ streak after last week’s double-overtime loss.
4. IOWA STATE (19-9, 9-6): Sure, the Cyclones got hosed Monday, but how about finishing a game? Those crushing losses to the Jayhawks may cost Iowa State an NCAA bid.
5. OKLAHOMA (18-8, 9-5): The Sooners’ schedule sets up nicely for a six-game winning streak entering the Big 12 tournament.
6. BAYLOR (16-11, 7-7): The Bears need to win out to make the NCAA tournament. Considering their home games are against Kansas and K-State, it’s not going to happen.
7. WEST VIRGINIA (13-14, 6-8): Mountaineers playing out the string in a disappointing season.
8. TEXAS (12-15, 4-10): Myck Kabongo’s return has done little to jump-start the Longhorns.
9. TEXAS TECH (9-17, 2-13): On the positive side, the Red Raiders likely snap a nine-game losing streak Saturday at home against TCU.
10. TCU (10-17, 1-13): Nine points in the first half? NINE?