1. OKLAHOMA STATE (19-5, 9-3. Last week: Defeated Texas Tech, Oklahoma. This week: Wednesday vs. Kansas, Saturday at West Virginia): Do I think the Cowboys are winning the Big 12? No. But, for now, they’re No. 1 because they won at Kansas.
2. KANSAS (21-4, 9-3. Last week: Defeated Kansas State, Texas. This week: Wednesday at Oklahoma State, Saturday vs. TCU): Pretty simple for the Jayhawks: Win Wednesday and they win the conference. Lose, and they don’t.
3. KANSAS STATE (20-5, 9-3. Last week: Lost to Kansas, defeated Baylor. This week: Monday vs. West Virginia, Saturday at Texas): Will the Wildcats ever get over the mental hurdle that is rival Kansas?
4. IOWA STATE (17-8, 7-5. Last week: Lost to Texas, defeated TCU. This week: Wednesday at Baylor, Saturday vs. Texas Tech): I’m beginning to think Fred Hoiberg isn’t overly bright. How many games do you have to lose before you foul in that situation?
5. OKLAHOMA (16-8, 7-5. Last week: Defeated TCU, lost to Oklahoma State. This week: Wednesday at Texas Tech, Saturday vs. Baylor): Sooners wasted opportunity Saturday.
6. BAYLOR (16-9, 7-5. Last week: Defeated West Virginia, lost to Kansas State. This week: Wednesday vs. Iowa State, Saturday at Oklahoma): Death, taxes and Scott Drew teams underachieving.
7. WEST VIRGINIA (12-13, 6-6. Last week: Lost to Baylor, defeated Texas Tech. This week: Monday at Kansas State, Saturday vs. Oklahoma State): With three losses by a total of eight points, Mountaineers are a few plays from being tied for first. Think about that for a second.
8. TEXAS (11-14, 3-9. Last week: Defeated Iowa State, lost to Kansas. This week: Tuesday at TCU, Saturday vs. Kansas State): As predicted, Myck Kabongo’s return came just in time to put a dent in Iowa State’s NCAA and Big 12 hopes.
9. TEXAS TECH (9-14, 2-10. Last week: Lost to Oklahoma State, West Virginia. This week: Wednesday vs. Oklahoma, Saturday at Iowa State): Red Raiders have lost six straight.
10. TCU (10-15, 1-11. Last week: Lost to Oklahoma, Iowa State. This week: Tuesday vs. Texas, Saturday at Kansas): How in the hell did this team beat Kansas?