The rest of the SEC can thank Arkansas for bringing Florida back to the pack, but the Gators are still in the driver’s seat going into a showdown against surging Kentucky.
1. FLORIDA (19-3, 9-1. Last week: Lost to Arkansas, defeated Mississippi State. This week: Tuesday vs. Kentucky, Saturday at Auburn): Gators finally look human in beatdown at Arkansas.
2. KENTUCKY (17-6, 8-2. Last week: Defeated South Carolina, Auburn. This week: Tuesday at Florida, Saturday at Tennessee): Red-hot Wildcats have won five consecutive games.
3. MISSISSIPPI (18-5, 7-3. Last week: Defeated Mississippi State, lost to Missouri. This week: Wednesday at Texas A&M, Saturday vs. Georgia): Rebels get nod over Missouri because they’ve won road games.
4. MISSOURI (17-6, 6-4. Last week: Lost to Texas A&M, defeated Mississippi. This week: Wednesday at Mississippi State, Saturday at Arkansas): After crushing loss in College Station, road win this week a must for Tigers.
5. ALABAMA (15-8, 7-3. Last week: Lost to Auburn, defeated LSU. This week: Tuesday at Georgia, Saturday vs. South Carolina): Tide scored 37 points in loss at Auburn.
6. GEORGIA (12-11, 6-4. Last week: Defeated Tennessee, Texas A&M. This week: Tuesday vs. Alabama, Saturday at Mississippi): Bulldogs have won five straight, including three road games).
7. ARKANSAS (14-9, 5-5. Last week: Defeated Florida, lost to Vanderbilt. This week: Wednesday at Auburn, Saturday vs. Missouri): Razorbacks rip Gators, then suffer beating at Vandy. Sounds about right.
8. LSU (13-8, 4-6. Last week: Defeated Vanderbilt, lost to Alabama. This week: Thursday at South Carolina, Saturday vs. Mississippi State): Tigers’ three-game winning streak snapped in tough loss to Tide.
9. TEXAS A&M (14-9, 4-6. Last week: Defeated Missouri, lost to Georgia. This week: Wednesday vs. Mississippi, Saturday at Vanderbilt): Aggies follow nice win against Mizzou with a dud against Georgia.
10. TENNESSEE (11-10, 3-6. Last week: Lost to Georgia. This week: Today at South Carolina, Wednesday at Vanderbilt, Saturday vs. Kentucky): Bad home loss against Georgia.
11. VANDERBILT (9-13, 3-7. Last week: Lost to LSU, defeated Arkansas. This week: Wednesday vs. Tennessee, Saturday vs. Texas A&M): Commodores snapped four-game skid by routing Razorbacks.
12. AUBURN (9-14, 3-7. Last week: Defeated Alabama, lost to Kentucky. This week: Wednesday vs. Arkansas, Saturday vs. Florida): Tigers’ win against Tide might end up costing rival NCAA bid.
13. SOUTH CAROLINA (12-10, 2-7. Last week: Lost to Kentucky. This week: Sunday vs. Tennessee, Thursday vs. LSU, Saturday at Alabama): Gamecocks have lost five of six.
14. MISSISSIPPI STATE (7-15, 2-8. Last week: Lost to Mississippi, Florida. This week: Wednesday vs. Missouri, Saturday at LSU): Bulldogs are in free-fall mode (eight straight losses).