We’re not even halfway through the league race and Florida has a two-game lead. The Gators should be 10-0 in the SEC when they host Kentucky next week.
1. FLORIDA (18-2, 8-0): Gators allowed 100 points last week … in two games. They’ve been men amongst boys thus far in the SEC.
2. KENTUCKY (15-6, 6-2): Wildcats have gone from NIT to NCAA in the matter of a week.
3. MISSISSIPPI (17-4, 6-2): Rebels come back to Earth against conference bluebloods.
4. MISSOURI (16-5, 5-3): Tigers better find a way to win on the road or they’ll be in the NIT.
5. ALABAMA (14-7, 6-2): Crimson Tide making the most of a cupcake SEC slate, good shot at sneaking into NCAA tourney.
6. ARKANSAS (13-8, 4-4): Razorbacks wasted a chance to break through on the road at Alabama.
7. GEORGIA (10-11, 4-4): Bulldogs have won three straight, including road wins against Texas A&M and South Carolina.
8. TEXAS A&M (13-8, 3-5): Aggies needed another win against Kentucky to have a shot at NCAA bid.
9. TENNESSEE (11-9, 3-5): Volunteers have decent shot at getting to .500 in league play this week (Wednesday vs. Georgia, Saturday at South Carolina).
1o. LSU (12-7, 3-5): Win against Missouri team’s biggest in years.
11. VANDERBILT (8-12, 2-6): Commodores can’t win close games (three of six SEC losses by combined seven points).
12. AUBURN (8-13, 2-6): Tigers have lost six straight.
13. SOUTH CAROLINA (12-9, 2-6): Gamecocks fading fast.
14. MISSISSIPPI STATE (7-13, 2-6): Six straight losses by average of 19 points.