Mississippi and Texas A&M off to surprisingly impressive starts, while Kentucky and Missouri disappoint:
1. FLORIDA (12-2, 2-0. Last week: Defeated Georgia, LSU. This week: Thursday at Texas A&M, Saturday vs. Missouri): Gators might run away with the SEC title.
2. MISSISSIPPI (13-2, 2-0. Last week: Defeated Tennessee, Missouri. This week: Tuesday at Vanderbilt, Saturday vs. Arkansas): Rebels were impressive in beatdowns of Volunteers and Tigers.
3. TEXAS A&M (12-3, 2-0. Last week: Defeated Arkansas, Kentucky. This week: Thursday vs. Florida, Saturday at Alabama): Aggies own the most impressive start in SEC play.
4. MISSOURI (12-3, 1-1. Last week: Defeated Alabama, lost to Mississippi. This week: Wednesday vs. Georgia, Saturday at Florida): Tigers better hope Laurence Bowers isn’t out for extended period, looked awful Saturday at Ole Miss.
5. KENTUCKY (10-5, 1-1. Last week: Defeated Vanderbilt, lost to Texas A&M. This week: Tuesday at Tennessee, Saturday at Auburn): Wildcats looking nothing like an NCAA Tournament team.
6. ARKANSAS (10-5, 1-1. Last week: Lost to Texas A&M, defeated Vanderbilt. This week: Wednesday vs. Auburn, Saturday at Mississippi): Lackluster road loss, followed by an impressive win at home. Welcome to Mike Anderson basketball, Arkansas fans.
7. AUBURN (8-7, 2-0. Last week: Defeated LSU, South Carolina. This week: Wednesday at Arkansas, Saturday vs. Kentucky): Tigers made the most of a soft opening conference slate.
8. MISSISSIPPI STATE (7-7, 2-0. Last week: Defeated South Carolina, Georgia. This week: Wednesday vs. Alabama, Saturday at Tennessee): Bulldogs have a decent shot at starting 4-0.
9. ALABAMA (9-6, 1-1. Last week: Lost to Missouri, defeated Tennessee. This week: Wednesday at Mississippi State, Saturday vs. Texas A&M): Tide gave Tigers fits before fading midway through second half.
10. TENNESSEE (8-6, 0-2. Last week: Lost to Mississippi, Alabama. This week: Tuesday at Kentucky, Saturday vs. Mississippi State): Twenty-point home loss to open SEC play sign of trouble for Vols.
11. LSU (9-4, 0-2. Last week: Lost to Auburn, Florida. This week: Wednesday vs. South Carolina, Saturday at Georgia): Relatively easy week gives Tigers chance to get back to .500.
12. SOUTH CAROLINA (10-5, 0-2. Last week: Lost to Mississippi State, Auburn. This week: Wednesday at LSU, Saturday vs. Vanderbilt): Gamecocks should pick up first conference win this week.
13. VANDERBILT (6-8, 0-2. Last week: Lost to Kentucky, Arkansas. This week: Tuesday vs. Mississippi, Saturday at South Carolina): Commodores blew an opportunity for a big win against Wildcats.
14. GEORGIA (6-9, 0-2. Last week: Lost to Florida, Mississippi State. This week: Wednesday at Missouri, Saturday vs. LSU): Going to be a long season in Athens.