1. kansas (24-5, 14-2) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Texas A&M, Missouri | THIS WEEK: Monday at Oklahoma State, Saturday vs. Texas
THE RUB: Eight straight titles. Don’t see that ending until the Big 12-2-1-1+1+1 folds in three years.
2. MISSOURI (25-4, 12-4) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Kansas State, kansas | THIS WEEK: Wednesday vs. Iowa State, Saturday at Texas Tech
THE RUB: Missouri lost the Big 12 with losses at Oklahoma State and vs. Kansas State. Saturday’s epic showdown did nothing other than confirm to me that the Tigers are the best team in the conference, which I think we’ll see in a few weeks. Until then, ku is the Big 12 champion and has to be ranked No. 1.
3. IOWA STATE (21-8, 11-5) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Texas Tech, Kansas State | THIS WEEK: Wednesday at Missouri, Saturday vs. Baylor
THE RUB: Saturday’s win at Kansas State was one of the best in the conference this season.
4. BAYLOR (24-5, 11-5) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Texas, Oklahoma | THIS WEEK: Monday vs. Texas Tech, Saturday at Iowa State
THE RUB: Still think there’s something missing with this team. They should have throttled Oklahoma on their home court.
5. KANSAS STATE (19-9, 8-8) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Missouri, lost to Iowa State | THIS WEEK: Tuesday at Texas A&M, Saturday vs. Oklahoma State
THE RUB: Great win at Missouri, terrible loss at home to Iowa State. No Big 12 team is more inconsistent.
6. TEXAS (18-11, 8-8) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Baylor, defeated Texas Tech | THIS WEEK: Wednesday vs. Oklahoma, Saturday at Kansas
THE RUB: Looks like the Longhorns might need to spring an upset in the Big 12 tourney to get into the NCAAs.
7. OKLAHOMA STATE (14-15, 7-9) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Oklahoma, defeated Texas A&M | THIS WEEK: Monday vs. Kansas, Saturday at Kansas State
THE RUB: Very good at home, atrocious on the road.
8. OKLAHOMA (14-14, 4-12) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Oklahoma State, lost to Baylor | THIS WEEK: Wednesday at Texas, Saturday vs. Texas A&M
THE RUB: Oklahoma has one win in the last three-plus weeks.
9. TEXAS A&M (13-15, 4-12) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Kansas, Oklahoma State | THIS WEEK: Tuesday vs. Kansas State, Saturday at Oklahoma
THE RUB: The Aggies aren’t exactly going into the SEC with a bang, in basketball or football.
10. TEXAS TECH (8-20, 1-15) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Iowa State, Texas | THIS WEEK: Monday at Baylor, Saturday vs. Missouri
THE RUB: Better, but still terrible.