We’re one game from the ultimate Border War. Two rivals, both ranked in the top five, for the conference championship. It doesn’t get any better than that.
1. MISSOURI (25-2, 12-2) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Oklahoma State, Texas A&M | THIS WEEK: Tuesday vs. Kansas State, Saturday at Kansas
THE RUB: Assuming the Tigers get past the Wildcats, Saturday’s game might rank as the biggest in the rivalry’s history.
2. kansas (22-5, 12-2) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Kansas State, Texas Tech | THIS WEEK: Wednesday at Texas A&M, Saturday vs. Missouri
THE RUB: If Dash Harris returns for the Aggies, Wednesday looks like a trap game for the jayhawks.
3. IOWA STATE (19-8, 9-5) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Baylor, defeated Oklahoma | THIS WEEK: Wednesday vs. Texas Tech, Saturday at Kansas State
THE RUB: One more win should lock up an NCAA Tournament bid.
4. BAYLOR (22-5, 9-5) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Iowa State, lost to Kansas State | THIS WEEK: Monday at Texas, Saturday vs. Oklahoma
THE RUB: So much talent, so little heart.
5. KANSAS STATE (18-8, 7-7) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Kansas, defeated Baylor | THIS WEEK: Tuesday at Missouri, Saturday vs. Iowa State
THE RUB: HUGE win for the Wildcats. The reward? Back-to-back games against Missouri and Iowa State
6. TEXAS (17-10, 7-7) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Oklahoma, lost to Oklahoma State | THIS WEEK: Monday vs. Baylor, Saturday at Texas Tech
THE RUB: The Longhorns need two wins this week to secure an NCAA bid.
7. OKLAHOMA STATE (13-14, 6-8) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Missouri, defeated Texas | THIS WEEK: Wednesday at Oklahoma, Saturday vs. Texas A&M
THE RUB: Nineteenth-year senior Keiton Page had a game for the ages Saturday with 40 points.
8. TEXAS A&M (13-13, 4-10) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Texas Tech, lost to Missouri | THIS WEEK: Wednesday vs. Kansas, Saturday at Oklahoma State
THE RUB: The Aggies have had a miserable season but could put a dent in the Big 12 race Wednesday.
9. OKLAHOMA (13-13, 3-11) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Texas, Iowa State | THIS WEEK: Wednesday vs. Oklahoma State, Saturday at Baylor
THE RUB: The Sooners are in free-fall mode with six straight losses.
10. TEXAS TECH (8-18, 1-13) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Texas A&M, Kansas | THIS WEEK: Wednesday at Iowa State, Saturday vs. Texas
THE RUB: Saturday’s game against Kansas looked like an NBA team playing an NAIA opponent.