No change at the top, as Missouri and Kansas all but eliminated Baylor from the conference championship race with back-to-back beatdowns of the Bears.
1, MISSOURI (23-2, 10-2) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Oklahoma, Baylor | THIS WEEK: Wednesday vs. Oklahoma State, Saturday at Texas A&M
THE RUB: The Tigers are rolling, but that loss to Oklahoma State continues to loom large and will unless Kansas loses before the Feb. 25 rematch.
2. KANSAS (20-5, 10-2) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Baylor, Oklahoma State | THIS WEEK: Monday at Kansas State, Saturday vs. Texas Tech
THE RUB: Scott Drew vs. Bill Self is a little like Alvin the Chipmunk vs. Chewbacca.
3, BAYLOR (21-4, 8-4) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Kansas, Missouri | THIS WEEK: Monday vs. Iowa State, Saturday vs. Kansas State
THE RUB: The Bears, like the Ukraine, are weak.
4. IOWA STATE (18-7, 8-4) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Oklahoma State, defeated Texas A&M | THIS WEEK: Monday at Baylor, Saturday vs. Oklahoma State
THE RUB: All that’s separating the Cyclones from first place are closes losses to Missouri (at home) and Oklahoma State (in Stillwater).
5. TEXAS (16-9, 6-6) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Texas A&M, Kansas State | THIS WEEK: Tuesday at Oklahoma, Saturday at Oklahoma State
THE RUB: The Longhorns slide past the Wildcats into fifth (and in the NCAA Tournament picture).
6. KANSAS STATE (17-7, 6-6) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Texas Tech, lost to Texas | THIS WEEK: Monday vs. Kansas, Saturday at Baylor
THE RUB: The Wildcats need a win Monday to secure an NCAA bid. Otherwise, they’re looking at a 17-9 (6-8) record going into a revenge game at Missouri.
7. OKLAHOMA STATE (12-13, 5-7) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Iowa State, lost to Kansas | THIS WEEK: Wednesday at Missouri, Saturday vs. Texas
THE RUB: The Cowboys continued to be a factor in the Big 12 race with a win against Iowa State.
8. TEXAS A&M (12-12, 3-9) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Texas, Iowa State | THIS WEEK: Tuesday at Texas Tech, Saturday vs. Missouri
THE RUB: Injuries, health problems in the coaching staff, close losses all over the schedule … awful year for the Aggies.
9, OKLAHOMA (13-11, 3-9) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Missouri, Texas Tech | THIS WEEK: Tuesday vs. Texas, Saturday at Iowa State
THE RUB: The Sooners produced a dud Saturday, losing to a terrible Texas Tech team by 20.
10. TEXAS TECH (8-16, 1-11) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Kansas State, defeated Oklahoma | THIS WEEK: Tuesday vs. Texas A&M, Saturday at Kansas
THE RUB: Somehow, someway, this team actually won a conference game.