You couldn’t have asked for a better game to close out the Border War in Missouri. The Tigers staged a comeback for the ages to remain on top in this week’s rankings.
1. (21-2, 8-2) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Texas, Kansas | THIS WEEK: Monday at Oklahoma, Saturday vs. Baylor
THE RUB: “We are Mizzou, so who you?” Anyway, Marcus Denmon became a legend, willing Missouri to a stunning comeback. This is a huge week for Mizzou with a trap game at OU and a home game against Baylor
2. (18-5, 8-2) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Oklahoma, lost to Missouri | THIS WEEK: Wednesday at Baylor, Saturday vs. Oklahoma State
THE RUB: The Jayhawks were a little more than two minutes away from essentially wrapping up the Big 12 championship.
3. (21-2, 8-2) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Texas A&M, Oklahoma State | THIS WEEK: Wednesday vs. Kansas, Saturday at Missouri
THE RUB: If the Bears are serious about winning the Big 12, they’ll win both games this week.
4. IOWA STATE (17-6, 7-3) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Kansas State, Oklahoma | THIS WEEK: Tuesday at Oklahoma State, Saturday vs. Texas A&M
THE RUB: In case you missed it, the Cyclones are a game out of first place.
5. KANSAS STATE (16-6, 5-5) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Iowa State, defeated Texas A&M | THIS WEEK: Tuesday vs. Texas Tech, Saturday at Texas
THE RUB: Will Spradling finally found a slump-buster in the underachieving, injury-riddled Aggies.
6. TEXAS (14-9, 4-6) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Missouri, defeated Texas Tech | THIS WEEK: Monday at Texas A&M, Saturday vs. Kansas State
THE RUB: The Longhorns wasted another opportunity last week against Missouri. Winning two this week is critical to Texas’ NCAA hopes.
7. OKLAHOMA STATE (11-12, 4-6) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Texas Tech, lost to Baylor | THIS WEEK: Tuesday vs. Iowa State, Saturday at Kansas
THE RUB: One more time: Keiton Page was not fouled on the 3-pointer late in Saturday’s game. He pump-faked, then leaned into the defender on his shot. That is not a foul.
8. OKLAHOMA (13-9, 3-7) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Kansas, Iowa State | THIS WEEK: Monday vs. Missouri, Saturday at Texas Tech
THE RUB: Something tells me the Sooners are going to play well Monday night.
9. TEXAS A&M (12-10, 3-7) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Baylor, Kansas State | THIS WEEK: Monday vs. Texas, Saturday at Iowa State
THE RUB: Hard to believe this team was a co-favorite to win the conference championship.
10. TEXAS TECH (7-15, 0-10) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Oklahoma State, Texas | THIS WEEK: Tuesday at Kansas State, Saturday vs. Oklahoma
THE RUB: I got nothin’. Only so many ways you can say a team sucks.