Facebook and Twitter were great entertainment Saturday. Really enjoyed Kansas fans comparing their win over Baylor to Missouri’s win over the Bears. Let’s get this straight … you are supposed to win at home. Winning on the road is what determines conference titles. A win at Baylor IS huge. It trumps a win at home. There is no argument.
1. MISSOURI (18-1, 5-1) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Texas A&M, Baylor | THIS WEEK: Wednesday at Oklahoma State, Saturday vs. Texas Tech
THE RUB: Why is Missouri ranked No. 1? Because it has the top two road wins in the conference: at Iowa State and at Baylor.
2. KANSAS (16-3, 6-0) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Baylor, Texas | THIS WEEK: Monday vs. Texas A&M, Saturday at Iowa State
THE RUB: Win a legit road game and reclaim the top spot. Plenty of Kansas fans will blast me for this. My response? Write your own rankings.
3. BAYLOR (17-2, 4-2) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Kansas, Missouri | THIS WEEK: Tuesday at Oklahoma, Saturday vs. Texas
THE RUB: Talent is great, but toughness is better. So is coaching.
4. IOWA STATE (14-5, 4-2) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Oklahoma State, Texas Tech | THIS WEEK: Tuesday at Texas, Saturday vs. Kansas
THE RUB: The Cyclones are looking more and more like an NCAA Tournament team.
5. KANSAS STATE (14-4, 3-3) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Texas, Oklahoma State | THIS WEEK: Wednesday at Texas Tech, Saturday vs. Oklahoma
THE RUB: Now that Frank Martin’s gotten his annual suspension out of the way, will the Wildcats take off?
6. TEXAS (12-7, 2-4) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Kansas State, Kansas | THIS WEEK: Tuesday vs. Iowa State, Saturday at Baylor
THE RUB: Rough week for Texas, a bubble team that wasted two golden opportunities.
7. OKLAHOMA (12-6, 2-4) | LAST WEEK: Defeated Texas Tech, lost to Texas A&M | THIS WEEK: Tuesday vs. Baylor, Saturday at Kansas State
THE RUB: A win at A&M would have been big with Baylor at Kansas State next.
8. TEXAS A&M (11-7, 2-4) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Missouri, defeated Oklahoma | THIS WEEK: Monday at Kansas, Saturday vs. Oklahoma State
THE RUB: The Aggies haven’t looked good all season. Don’t see that changing.
9. OKLAHOMA STATE (9-10, 2-4) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Iowa State, Kansas State | THIS WEEK: Wednesday vs. Missouri, Saturday at Texas A&M
THE RUB: Has Travis Ford suited up yet?
10. TEXAS TECH (7-11, 0-6) | LAST WEEK: Lost to Oklahoma, Iowa State | THIS WEEK: Wednesday vs. Kansas State, Saturday at Missouri
THE RUB: Maybe Mike Leach can coach the offense.