Well, well, well. All of sudden, Kansas State controls its destiny in the Big 12 title chase. I still think Kansas wins Monday and takes home another conference crown. For now, though, the Wildcats have earned the No. 1 spot.
1. KANSAS STATE (19-4, 8-2. Last week: Defeated Texas Tech, Iowa State. This week: Monday at Kansas, Saturday vs. Baylor): Win Monday could push Wildcats to first conference championship in decades.
2. OKLAHOMA STATE (17-5, 7-3. Last week: Defeated Baylor, Texas. This week: Wednesday at Texas Tech, Saturday vs. Oklahoma): Cowboys have the easiest schedule over the final eight games.
3. KANSAS (19-4, 7-3. Last week: Lost to TCU, Oklahoma. This week: Monday vs. Kansas State, Saturday vs. Texas): Lost to TCU gave everybody in Big 12 hope.
4. IOWA STATE (16-7, 6-4. Last week: Defeated Oklahoma, lost to Kansas State. This week: Wednesday at Texas, Saturday vs. TCU): Cyclones might be catching a tough break having to play Texas team in first game with Myck Kabongo back.
5. OKLAHOMA (15-7, 6-4. Last week: Lost to Iowa State, defeated Kansas. This week: Monday vs. TCU, Saturday at Oklahoma State): Win against Jayhawks big boost to Sooners’ NCAA Tournament hopes.
6. BAYLOR (15-8, 6-4. Last week: Lost to Oklahoma State, defeated Texas Tech. This week: Wednesday vs. West Virginia, Saturday at Kansas State): Home loss to Oklahoma looks huge.
7. WEST VIRGINIA (12-11, 5-5. Last week: Defeated Texas, TCU. This week: Wednesday at Baylor, Saturday vs. Texas Tech): Mountaineers’ three-game winning streak likely to end Wednesday.
8. TEXAS (10-13, 2-8. Last week: Lost to West Virginia, Oklahoma State. This week: Wednesday vs. Iowa State, Saturday at Kansas): Kabongo returns this week, but does it matter?
9. TEXAS TECH (9-12, 2-8. Last week: Lost to Kansas State, Baylor. This week: Wednesday vs. Oklahoma State, Saturday at West Virginia): Red Raiders likely looking at nine-game losing streak (currently have lost four straight).
10. TCU (10-13, 1-9. Last week: Defeated Kansas, lost to West Virginia. This week: Monday at Oklahoma State, Saturday at Iowa State): Stunning win against Kansas biggest upset in conference history.